Privacy and Data Protection Policy
(‘Recorrido’ or the ‘Site’ and the ‘End-User’ shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as the “Parties” and individually as the “Party”)
- The expression “this Clause” shall, unless followed by a reference to a specific provision, be deemed to refer to the whole Clause, not merely the sub-clause, paragraph or other provision in which the expression occurs.
- Words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa, and pronouns importing a gender include each of the masculine, feminine and neuter genders.
- Where a word or phrase is defined, other parts of speech and grammatical forms and the cognate variations of that word or phrase shall have corresponding meanings.
Scope of Applicability and Law 29733 (Personal Data Protection Law)
Recorrido operates within the scope of Law 29733 (Personal Data Protection Law), which means we request Your consent (as End-User) in order to save and process your personal data. Said consent shall be free, express, duly informed, to be provided in advance and shall be valid as long as the End-User maintains an active Recorrido account or uses the Site. Please note that this consent is essential and necessary in order for Recorrido to be able to provide its online marketplace service. The consent shall be optional for other (non-essential) uses, such as marketing communications.
The Site provides an online marketplace (using a search engine) for the sale of travel services inter alia through its own websites and mobile apps.
Nature of End-User’s Data
Recorrido works as a search engine that allows an online marketplace When the End-User makes a reservation/booking through the Site, the End-User may be asked the required information including essential and non-essential data. The essential data is needed in order to use the Site and shall be marked as such; the non-essential data shall be optional to submit:
- Profiling Information: Information which you provide when you use, subscribe or register with the Site. Information about your identity, including but not limited to your name/name of the guest or invitee, nationality, gender, marital status, age, your email address, room preference, meal preference, special needs (if any);
- Financial information, such as, your banking details and any information relating to your income and lifestyle levels;
- Contact details such as your physical address, mailing address, telephone and fax numbers;
- Payment and Account Information: Your account history with us including (without limitation) all billing information and communications, payment history, etc.;
- Site Usage: Information about your browsing while using the Site, for example the URLs of websites, which you visit and from which you request downloads;
- Transactional Information: Transactional history (other than banking details) about your e-commerce activities;
- Correspondence Information: Content, information about your correspondents, and the destination/origin of communications between you and any other person using the Site, which include email communications, blog, chat room and discussion board communications, instant message communications, expert forum communications, fax/mail communications, mailing list members, etc.;
- User IDs: Your usernames, passwords, email addresses and other security- related information used by you in relation to the Site usage; and
- Stored Information: Data either created by you or by a third party and which you wish to store on our servers such as image files, documents etc.
When you visit the Site, even if you do not make a booking/reservation, we may collect certain information (as it is usual for most websites), such as your IP address, or browser, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. Said information shall be collected in a way that it shall not lead to any personal identification of the User.
(The above end-user’s data along with the ‘Targeting Data (defined below)’ shall hereinafter be referred to as the “End-User’s Data”)
Purpose of Using End-User’s Data
Recorrido shall use the End-User’s data in order to provide its online marketplace services (which include but are not limited to: customer service, account administration, fraud detection when required by the law). It may also use it, with the End-User’s consent, for other related activities (which include but are not limited to: marketing, market research, Site improvement).
Recorrido may use the End-User's data to provide customer services to the End-User.
Recorrido may offer the user the facility to register and open an account on the Site. Recorrido may use the information you furnish to administer your account, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, and manage your personal settings.
We may also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by applicable laws, such as the following:
- When you make a booking with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news about similar travel-related products and services. We also send our End-Users regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communication at any time.
- Based on the information you share with us, customized offers may be shown to you on the Site, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
- When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make it available to you at the time of making the reservation/booking through the Site.
There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this, such as the following:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made;
- If you have not completed a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional facility shall be useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the reservation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch;
- When you use our Site, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with the Site; and
- We may also send you other material related to your reservation, such as, for example, how to contact the Site, if you need assistance while you are away, or a summary of previous reservations you made using the Site.
We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional details that you give us as part of the market research shall only be used with your consent.
Fraud Detection and Prevention
We may use the End-User’s Data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities, or disclose the End-User’s Data if required pursuant to applicable law.
Improving Our Site
We may use the End-User’s Data for analytical purposes, to improve our Site, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our Site.
In certain circumstances, we may share the End-User’s Data with third parties, such as the following:
In order to complete your booking, we need to transfer relevant reservation/booking related End-User details to the bus operator you booked with.
Recorrido Local Site Office
In order to support you during the reservation / booking process and throughout your stay, your details may be shared with any of the Recorrido group companies. Your information might also be shared with other members/ Site and companies service providers for analysis, to provide you with travel-related offers that may be of interest to you and to offer you customized service; said information shall be anonymous, if possible.
Under no circumstance the End-User’s Data shall be transferred or sold to third parties that are not related to Recorrido or that provide services through the Site.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may use third-party service providers to process the End-User’s Data on our behalf for the purposes specified above. To further elaborate in this regard, we may use service providers to send the reservation/booking information on our behalf to the accommodation/bus operator with whom you made the booking through the Site, or we may instruct third parties to contact you. Whenever such is required by a reservation/booking, we may also work with third-party payment service providers to facilitate payment or payment guarantees. We also work with third-party advertisement networks to market our Site on other platforms, or involve third-party providers for analytical purposes. These third parties involved in any of these services shall be bound by confidentiality agreements and shall not be allowed to use the End-User’s Data for any purposes other than those specified above
- User's Bookings
- Customer Service
Use of End-User’s Data on Mobile Devices
We may provide free apps for a variety of mobile devices and use versions of our regular Site that have been optimized for mobile (websites). These apps and mobile websites process the End-User’s Data in a similar way as our Site does and they also allow you to use location services to find suitable bookings for the End-User.
Use of Targeting Data (defined below) for Retargeting
End-User’s Data Security Safeguards
- In accordance with the applicable laws, we follow reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to our Personal Databases (including the database, where the End User´s data is stored) and the misuse of the End-User’s Data.
- We use appropriate business systems and security procedures to protect and safeguard the End-User’s Data delivered to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using such data on Site. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access End-Users data in the course of their work.
- Prohibitions on Minors: The Services offered by the Site are not directed at minors (as more specifically provided for in the General Terms and Conditions on Site usage). The use of the Site is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian.
You shall be entitled to review the End-User’s Data we keep about you and exercise your rights as a personal data holder. You may request an overview of your End-User’s Data by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing the End-User’s Data.
If the End-User’s Data we have for you is incorrect, we shall update it at your request. You can also revoke your consent or ask us to remove/modify all / one portion of your End-User’s Data from our Customer database by sending an email or communication to the addresses listed in the foregoing paragraph. However, in case you elect to remove your End-User Data, we may not be able to provide you access to the Site to make reservations/bookings. We may also need to retain certain information in accordance with applicable laws, for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities. You can delete your user account at any time by signing up to your account on the Site and selecting the option to remove your account.
Amendment / Modification
Limitation of Liability
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Parties acknowledge and accept that the electronic format shall be deemed an acceptable means of communication for the purposes of this Private Policy.